Mother says energy drinks led to death of 16-year-old daughter
Everyone out there, (including my adult children) needs to take heed to this information. It is a serious thing when young people start using these products. It is a legal form of a “drug infused” drink to sell to anyone, minors included.
Originally posted on FOX2now.com:
PEORIA, AZ (KPHO) — Lanna Hamann, 16, was vacationing in Rocky Point, Mexico, when her mother received a call she never expected: Her daughter was dead from a heart attack.
Kris Hamann said it appeared her daughter has been drinking energy drinks while on the beach. The friends with whom she was traveling told her mother that Lanna was not drinking any water.
On Saturday evening, she had complained to her friend’s father she did not feel well. That is when she went into cardiac arrest and died.
“Obviously, this is something that could have happened anywhere, whether she was in Mexico or whether she was here in Arizona playing softball,” Kris Hamann said.
“(Parents should) make sure they’re watching their kids. (Watch) what they’re drinking and (make sure) they’re drinking water instead of an energy drink,” Hamann said.
Sunday, dozens of Lanna’s friends gathered to…
View original 105 more words